Peterson Dublin 3 Pipe Refurb

Hello again! I had the opportunity to fix up this beautiful Peterson’s Dublin 3 for a friend. Check out the “Before” and “After” pics and let me know what you think!

IMG_3114

IMG_3115

IMG_3116

IMG_3117

IMG_3118

Stem
To remove the oxidation on the stem I wet-sanded the stem with 500 grit, 1000 grit, and 1200 grit. The tenon was a little too loose in the shank so I used a heat gun to to heat it up and adjust it. The inside of the stem was cleaned with high proof vodka and pipe cleaners. To finish the stem I buffed it with red tripoli and carnauba wax.

Bowl
The bowl received a light reaming to remove the carbon build-up. The bowl did not have any burn-out spots so I didn’t need to do a bowl coating. The shank and bowl were both cleaned/sanitized with high proof vodka and q-tips. The top of the bowl had to be topped because of scorching. I sanded the top of the bowl with 500 grit, 1000 grit, and 1200 grit. The top was then re-stained to match the rest of the bowl finish. The outside of the bowl was finished with a buffing of red tripoli and a buffing of carnauba.

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3153

IMG_3154

IMG_3155

IMG_3156

Thanks for looking!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s