Peterson Pipe Refurb

Here is the third of a series of Peterson pipes that a friend sent me to refurb. It has been a pleasure to work on these pipes for him. Check out the “before” and “after” pics and let me know what you think!






This stem had some oxidation and tooth marks so I wet-sanded it with 500 grit, 1000 grit, and 1200 grit. This process removed the oxidation and tooth marks. The inside of the stem was sanitized/cleaned with high proof vodka and pipe cleaners. Inside the tenon was a little bigger so I used q-tips on that part. I then used some permanent white paint to help fill in the “P” on the side of the stem. The stem was then finished off with a buffing of red tripoli and a buffing of carnauba wax.

The bowl was reamed to remove all carbon build up. There was some darkening on the rim of the bowl that I sanded off. The inside of the bowl and the shank were sanitized/cleaned with high proof vodka, q-tips, and pipe cleaners. The rim did not need to be stained before buffing because the buffing restored the color. The bowl was finished with a buffing of red tripoli and a buffing of carnauba wax.






Thank you for checking it out!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s