The same friend who sent me the Peterson Emerald also had this beautiful Stanwell Prestige that needed some love. Here is the refurb!
The stem received my usual oxidation removal treatment. I wet-sanded the stem with 500 grit, 1,000 grit, and 1,200 grit. I sanded around the faint “S” logo on the top of the stem to try and save it as much as possible. The stem was sanitized and cleaned on the inside. To finish it up I buffed the stem with red tripoli and carnauba wax.
I reamed the bowl and discovered that it had a few grooves that had started burning into the briar itself. I sanitized the bowl after reaming. To prevent further bowl damage I used a professional grade bowl coating on it to even it out and protect it. I cleaned the top lightly but didn’t want to get too aggressive because I wanted to keep as much of the rustication as I could. The shank received some cleaning and sanitizing. To finish the bowl it received a buffing of red tripoli and carnauba wax.
Here is the result!
Thanks for looking!